Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Plunge

Jeff and the boys were gone last night, so Miss Emma and I went on a date.

The American Girl "Doll of the Year" is named Saige.  Saige's two favorite things are horses and art.

Sound like anyone you know??

We've read both of Saige's books out loud, and we loooooove Saige.  So, last night we ventured to the American Girl store (on a whim!) to visit Saige and see all her accessories.

Like her horse, Picasso.


We've had a whirlwind of a few days, and it was super fun to just get girl time on a whim.


We got to the store shortly before closing time, and since it was late and on a weekday, we had the entire place to ourselves.  We played in the isles, held dolls, and had a great time.


And the night ended spectacularly well.  :-)

Marci and I did a garage sale last weekend, and I decided I wanted to do something super FUN with some earnings.  I was extremely proud of Emma for weeding through some toys and passing many things along to bless some other kids.  It was one thing to gather the toys here at home, but I wasn't entirely sure she would go through with it when she actually had to watch them get sold.   But she really surprised me.  She did GREAT, and we have a streamlined toy cabinet as a benefit.

So, there was a little extra space to add Saige.  :-)

A huge, huge, super huge splurge, I know.  Are you guilty of buying things for your kids because you really want them yourself?  Maybe?  Saige might have been half for Emma....and half for me.  Confession.


I could hardly get her to sleep last night for all the excitement.  I think these two have many, many miles of memories ahead of them.  They seemed to hit it off instantly!  :-)


It was bound to happen sooner or later.

It happened sooner than I expected, but our brand new membership in the American Girl club is pretty exciting stuff.  Welcome to the fold, Saige!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Who wanted Baby Emily?
I love the picture of Emma and Sage sleeping. So sweet!