Friday, April 12, 2013

Twenty Years

Dear Hannah,

Twenty years ago today, when I became a Mom, I dreamed of all the things I would one day teach you.  My hopes and plans were as big as the bow in my hair.  (And Daddy actually had hair.)


What I didn't realize at the time is that I would be the one who would learn so very, very much.


Motherhood is a humbling job.  It has given me the greatest joy I have ever known.  But it has also revealed my every insecurity....my most vulnerable weak spots, my ugliest flaws.  Motherhood spares nothing where deep emotion and passionate fears are concerned.


Because until you meet your first born, you never know how deep a love can grow.

One moment, one breath, and life is forever changed.


Motherhood starts out as an adventure; a thrilling opportunity to be a leader and a teacher.


But it quickly becomes a challenge.  A calling to be the one who learns, who observes, who listens....to be better, stronger, wiser, more faithful and trusting.....worthy to be loved by the one you love so much.

There is no greater reason to strive to reflect the love and beauty of Christ than the hope that it will shine blessings upon the child that has taught you so much about who you really are, what you're truly capable of, and just how sweet life can be.


I'm thankful for twenty years of life lessons.
You are a most stunning individual, and I am fiercely proud of you.

Happy Birthday, my dear, dear girl.



No comments: