Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Down By the Creek

When I look at these pictures I am reminded how much I appreciate my kids. These photos were taken on Good Friday, which wasn't a very good day for me. I threw a little tantrum before we left the house for this park. There was lots of whining and complaining, and I'm unfortunately not talking about the children.

My kids were really quick to give me a second chance, and their forgiveness helped me pull it together and move on. Not every day gets off to a perfect start, and when I'm tempted to hold a grudge about something silly, I need to remember what forgiveness looked like on this particular day.

And how good it felt.

I look at these and give thanks that my kids are actually friends with each other. They like each other, and they've learned to work together as a team.

I'm glad that they choose to be my friend too. A fresh beginning is what Good Friday is all about, and when I get bogged down or frustrated by the tiny, insignificant details in life, I want to look back on these photos and remember what really counts, and why.




1 comment:

Erin said...

What a good-lookin' bunch!