Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Welcomed Home

Sunday evening the Old Buzzard rolled into town with Hannah. The two of them had been off on a nine day road trip to Tennessee and Kentucky. It always feels good to have my family reassembled after a long absence.

My week alone got off to a rough start when Emma spiked a high fever. But once we cleared that hurdle, she and the boys and I had a fun time filling our week with time spent together. We took a trip to McDonald's for a pancake breakfast, which was a special request from Emma after swimming lessons one morning.

We also hosted a swim party for the Bible Bowl junior high kids.

It's been nice celebrating having everyone back home again. On Monday, Marci and Emily came over for lunch. We made a quick trip to the mall to hit up Bath and Body Works' annual sale, where I made out quite nicely. I took a picture of my haul, which didn't turn out very well. I was disappointed about that until I realized that a photo of soap is probably not terribly exciting after all. You've seen bottles of soap before, yes??

Yesterday we met some friends at the frozen yogurt shop for a quick visit and to congratulate Benjamin on his brand new SLR camera!! My friend Wendy surprised me with some homemade dishcloths that she crocheted. She had a huge stack of them in every wonderful color you can imagine, and she let me pick out my favorites. It was a hard choice! :-)

I just love having something new and lovely in my kitchen. Don't they make my scrubbie look particularly spiffy? And by the way, William Sonoma has outdone themselves with this season's new soap scent. Tuscan Fig. My all time favorite.

Well, lookey there. I guess I'm determined to get a soap picture in after all! :-)

No comments: