Saturday, January 9, 2010

Toasty

Last night the thermometer read 19 degrees. Have I mentioned we are Southerners? These numbers are crazy talk to us. This is what my spa looked like when I woke up this morning.

Even my eyelashes are cold.

I hate having cold feet. I really wanted a pair of nice warm Uggs. But, I couldn't figure out how to approach a conversation with my Buzzard that would eventually expose my desire for a pair of $100 house shoes. So, I decided to err on the side of prudence and keep mum on my obsession for pricey Australian slippers.

(And, as an aside, I have to add that one of my sons picked out a pair of snazzy blue flip flop slippers for me for Christmas that I just ADORE and he is so very proud when I wear them around the house!)

Blue flip flop slippers are perfect, perfect, perfect for days when the temperature weighs in somewhere above 19 degrees. Uggs might be nice on all other days. Possibly.

WELL, my Mom found these darling things on sale and she got me a pair.
My toes are so toasty and happy. I have not had them off my feet since Tuesday. The best part is that they came from the sale rack at Target, which is more budget friendly than Australia. :) I'm so positively delighted that I feel it is my civic duty to urge each of you to get ye-selves to Target and check the sale isles before they are gone.

Your toasty toes will thank you.

No comments: