1. I baked cookies today. For no other reason than it is Sunday. I made Thumbprint cookies with white chocolate centers for Max and I, and milk chocolate centers for everyone else. I also made sugar cookies.
2. It took me far too long to decide which color sprinkles to use on the sugar cookies. What color sprinkles say "January"? It's too late for red and green and too early for Valentine colors. Maybe January doesn't have its own color because we're all supposed to be on New Year's diets and not eating sugar cookies.
I chose bright blue and purple sprinkles because those colors are cool, both literally and figuratively.
3. I'm not the only one who adores my new, warm and fuzzy slippers. Apparently, they make perfect houses for zou-zou pets.
4. Both zou-zou pets are already broken, but that does not deter a certain someone from loving them to death. They no longer shuffle around on the floor, but they do still make sound effects. We loooooove "gimmie pigs".
5. Have you seen Kate Gosselin's new hair extensions? How can I get an urgent message to my celebrity crush begging her to abandon the rock star image and go back to being the adorable stay at home Mommy I so adored?
6. When I saw Kate on the cover of People magazine today at the Walmart check-out stand, I asked Buzzard to flip to the article while I unloaded our groceries. He said no! He said it's wrong to look at a magazine if you don't intend to buy it. I've never, ever considered that before. I flip through magazines at the check out all the time. I suppose that makes me a tabloid news thief.
........The outcome.....Buzzard did flip to the article and let me gawk in horror at the photos. And then I put the magazine back on the rack without buying it. Gasp!
7. I'm making chicken and dumplings for dinner. I've never made dumplings before. I don't think I've ever eaten them either. So I suppose the good news is that I won't know the difference if these don't turn out right.
8. I feel an inexplicable anticipation for Valentine's Day this year. I'm not sure why, but it's the first week in January and already I'm crafting red felt hearts.
9. I watched Martha Stewart do yoga on TV for twenty solid minutes this morning, then announced to Buzzard that I think we should take a yoga class together. He wasn't in favor. Martha said yoga helps give her energy when she's tired and helps calm her when she's excited. I've tried lots of things for energy and stress relief, but I've never stood on my head in the corner before. I could really be missing out. I think Buzzard underestimates how cute he would look with his ankles tucked neatly behind his ears. :)
10. These cheery things have been in my window sill for well over a week now and they're still going strong. I love how happy the kitchen looks when there are fresh flowers in it.
Thanks, Meredith, for a fun play along!