Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Part One - Love In Any Language

Happy Valentine's Day!

I got up this morning to make treat bags for the kids. I always include conversation hearts because my husband and children actually eat them. It was a surprise to me when I learned that some people actually use them for food and not just for decorations or preschool crafts. But they love them, so every year I buy a huge pack. I suppose I was asleep on the job at Super Target, because this is what I came home with this year....

Hola, amigos. I own Corazones Dulces. My hearts are all in Spanish! We got a whole lotta Latin love goin' on here today. I don't know why this tickles me so much, but I can't stop laughing about it. As Twila Paris would say.....love in any language, fluently spoken here. Ha!

Last night we got together for pizza and dominoes with several other homeschool friends. It was a last minute plan that came together perfectly and we had a ball. I wish I would have thought to get my camera out and take some pictures. The adults were around my kitchen table playing Mexican Train, scads of boys were running around upstairs having nerf gun hide and seek wars, and teenage girls were sequestered in a bedroom chatting and giggling. It was a really energetic night and I laughed until I was exhausted. Come to think of it, I had the perfect snack for Mexican Train waiting in the Valentine cupboard and I didn't even know it! :)

The boys have soccer and basketball games today, so it will be a busy one. We took a few minutes already to exchange fun Valentines. Mine was a mysterious lump on the floor shrouded in a blanket. My hombre' is all about festive wrapping paper.

My Valentine was a stunner! I got a tripod for my camera. We don't normally do big things for Valentine's, so I was completely shocked. He done good. :)

Okay, so on to my other BIG news of the day. This is so thrilling to me I can hardly stand it. I WON SOMETHING IN BLOGGY WORLD! My very first win! I've been blogging for almost a year now and I've entered countless fun little contests. Em over at Bunch of Scrap had a beautiful baby boy named Brody, and since I correctly guessed his birth date, I won her contest!
This beautiful french country napkin basket just came in the mail. The colors of the fabric are perfect for my kitchen and den. Her mom bought this at a boutique in Paris. I'm crazy about and think it is adorable. Speaking of adorable, pop over to visit Em and take a peek at Brody. He's all kinds of cute. :) Em, I will put the basket to much use, and it really made my week to be your contest winner. Thanks so much! I can think of a million uses for the basket.

In fact, here's one now........(i can't quit....)
Tonight is Hannah's huge worldview ball. I will certainly be back to post photos of her all dressed up. Hope everyone has a blessed day celebrating with the amigos you hold dear! :)

No comments: