Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Season Finale

Hayden played for a homeschool baseball team this season, and it's been a great experience.  School ball is more competitive than the rec teams we have been on in the past, but the intensity proved to be a great learning experience and a chance to progress in the game.


Last night was the last game of the season, and it was a perfect night for baseball!  We played my old high school, so I teased Hayden about having divided loyalties.  :-)  


The weather was gorgeous and the boys played fabulously.  They won, and it was a grand feeling to end the season on a high note.


For all the driving and practicing and scheduling (and uniform washing!) involved, this activity was quite an undertaking.  But now I can't believe it's over.  The season went by in a flash, and I hardly know what to do with myself now that me and my blue camp chair don't need to be on a certain field in a certain city by a certain time for the rest of the week.  All this freedom feels like a stranger.



But something tells me there's enough still going on around here to easily account for all the minutes of the remaining days of spring.  And then some.

I will miss my pistachio nuts.  That was my favorite ballgame snack.  I never knew I liked pistachio nuts, but they go hand in hand with watching baseball.

But I won't miss spot treating grass stains.  Green nuts are better than green stains.


I sure am grateful for the opportunity to participate on this team.  I didn't grow up playing sports, so this was a new thing for me.  The impact of coaches on the lives of young men is not an insignificant thing.  I'm super proud of my boy and his buddies.

Way to go, #25.  Love you bunches!


No comments: