Saturday, April 9, 2011

Vintage Easter

Yesterday I pulled the Easter buckets out of the attic. I have a lot of Easter decorations that I have not unpacked the past few years because it seemed a little counter-productive to have an egg tree with dangling eggs with a toddler in the house. This year I thought she was ready, and she really had fun helping me set things up.

We had lots of fun seeing how many ornaments we could cram onto a single branch. :) Here's my Minnie Pearl in her new tee shirt with the tag still on! It was important to have a shirt that matched the ears at that moment.

I pulled a few highly sentimental items from the bucket. Check out these crocheted darlings. You stuff a plastic egg inside of them to get them to stand up. My Mom will have to chime in here, because I don't remember who made these, but I remember them being in our house every year when I was a little girl, and I thought they were so beautiful! :-) I didn't set them out this year, and I don't know if I ever will, but there is no way I'll ever get rid of them. They totally make me laugh.

The crocheted chickens keep these handsome hares in good company in the Easter bucket. These came to me from my Grandmother years ago, and again, I can remember them gracing the Easter dinner table.

This one is my favorite. This little hen was my Dad's toy when he was little. All the paint is wearing off. When you push on her, she lays tiny plastic eggs. I love her! It is fun to have a few "vintage" treasures that bring back memories. I'll be back later to post pictures of the house all decorated. Emma has been busy rearranging rabbits, so I have a little tidying up to do before I can photograph!

No comments: