Sunday, January 9, 2011

Stacy's Quilt

The quilt I made for Stacy for Christmas was based on this tutorial from Moda Bake Shop. I used the Aster Manor fabric line by Moda. It was all stitched up just in the nick of time.




I did straight line machine quilting. I had lots of trouble with the quilting on this one, which I am at a bit of a loss to explain. I didn't do anything different on this quilt than I normally do, but for some reason, I had some fits. Must have been the pressure of a deadline! In the end, I was satisfied, but my seam ripper got a good work out in the meantime.
This is the label I embroidered, using a free hand embroidery pattern I found online. The verse for this quilt comes from Romans....Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

This quilt has now traveled to its new home in Boston, where I hope it is keeping Stacy warm and reminding her of her long distance family!