Monday, September 6, 2010

The Labors of My Day

After three intensely busy weeks with school, I decided I simply had to carve out a few hours for creative time this weekend. Hannah and I went to the quilt shop to pick up our final blocks for our block of the month club. We were both behind on our sewing, so we decided to set up the machine at the kitchen table and work on and off during the weekend to get back on track.
I have only a tiny bit of sewing left on my red and white blocks before I am ready to start assembling the quilt. I purchased the finishing kit, so I already have all the fabrics for the borders and sashing. Now if I just had another three day weekend on the horizon.....

My neighbors all gathered outside this evening to cook burgers and visit. We live on a street swarming with little boys. It is a big blessing to have so many friends nearby!

I made my boys do homeschool today (because I am mean), but we finished up early and enjoyed the opportunity to play outside until dark. I hope you all had a great weekend too.

No comments: