Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oh What A Night!

Last night Marci and Nichole picked me up to take me out for a birthday dinner. When we walked through the door of my very favorite Mexican restaurant, many of the women I admire and love most in this world were all sitting around a table yelling, "SURPRISE!"!! Marci and Nichole are tricky little planners! :)

It really and truly was a surprise. I didn't see it coming! I never take for granted how richly I've been blessed by my circle of friends. This is a Christ honoring, joy filled, encouraging bunch of gals. I was honored that they all showed up to celebrate my "oldness". :)



My Mom brought a bouquet of pink mini-carnations to decorate the table, and ordered petite fours from my favorite bakery. They were scrumptious, and she even had pink toille plates and napkins for me. So perfect!!


I was showered with lots of lovely gifts, which was so kind and generous. My friend Erin gave me this gorgeous sign to hang in the house. The photo didn't turn out great, but the sign is primitive and antiqued in style and it says "God Shed His Grace On Thee". It is stunning, and it matches our remodel perfectly.

God certainly did shed grace when he blessed me with these wise, inspiring women. They certainly know how to make a girl feel special and loved on her 40th birthday, and I'm glad I forever have the memory of this perfect night!

1 comment: