Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Day on the Move

Marci and Nichole were out of town last week, so today I fixed lunch so the three of us could catch up for a few minutes.  It was good to grab a little girl time.

After they left the boys and I headed to the bowling alley.  Emma was SUPER excited to be there.  She has a really limited vocabulary, but she knows the word "ball" very well.  There are lots and lots and lots of balls at the bowling alley!

Both boys bowled great games, and I think they partly owe their success to their little pin pal.



We stopped by home to pick up Daddy and headed out to Rainforest Cafe for a special dinner.  We have not been there in years and years.  I recalled the food being bad, but the atmosphere being fun.  Unfortunately, the food hasn't improved in all these years, but the setting is still grand.  They have little "thunder storms" every twenty minutes, and all the robotic animals come to life and make lots of noise.  Hannah was scared to death of it all when she was little, but Emma clapped for the loud monkeys and cheered for them.  I had a great coupon and there were family night specials, so the evening was a relative bargain.  I can't imagine going there at full price though.  I think our kids were the only ones who weren't drinking their sodas out of the $8 souvenir glasses that blink different colors and glow in the dark!  They survived.




A pink monkey balloon for the monkey bear.

How silly is it to take a picture of the dessert at the next table??  They had a "sparkling volcano" sundae that was like a three story mound of ice cream and chocolate covered in fireworks.  My boys wanted one so badly, but they were nearly $20, and I figured that was way to high a price to pay for six million calories.  Besides, I'm banking on the fact that with time, their memory will fade and I can convince them that this sundae was actually on our table.  Why else would I have a picture of it, after all??  

We're on a roll with our stay-cation week, and hangin' in for more good times to come.


1 comment:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

What a fun day! I'm sure the firework sundae was just as amazing on another table...at least your kiddos got to see one up close without the $20 pricetag!!!