Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The New Me

I have a brand new toy. My birthday gift this year is a real stunner, and she and I have become fast friends. She's been here long enough for me to know I don't know how to use her, but I'm having fun getting to know her better. She doesn't have a name, which is concerning me. Nothing seems just right. I'm not sure why I'm wildly determined to name so many of the inanimate objects around me. Naming each of my children was tremendously difficult. Names just don't come easy in this house. But, Newbie Nikon is very much part of the family, going where we go, and playing an important role in capturing family memories, so she needs a name.

My brand new, fabulous friend replaces Ozzy, my three year old point and shoot. We bought Ozzy before a big trip to Colorado, and he has served us well for the past few years. He got the name "Ozzy" for his "Optical Zoom" feature. Once I got hooked on reading blogs, I got bit by the camera bug. I've dreamed of owning an SLR and am thrilled by the capabilities of my new friend. I was already seriously addicted to blogging, but this just puts me right over the edge!

Next on the agenda is acquiring Photoshop Elements and learning how to have a little fun with all these photos I'm taking. But first, a name. It's all about the name game.

Any suggestions??

2 comments:

Angelsoup said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angelsoup said...

I got the perfect name!
Marmee - from Little Women.

Since this is Magnolia Manor and you have the all the Manor-lings. I thought it appropiate for Marmee to capture all those sweet memories as only mothers do.