Monday, September 29, 2008

Call Me Casserole Queen

Some of my favorite meals to prepare during busy weeknights are casseroles. I like them because they are typically cheap, quick, and crowd pleasers. Around these parts, those are all good things. I thought it would be fun to host a casserole craze. Every day this week I'm going to share a favorite casserole recipe.

I'm getting the ball rolling with one of our all time favorites. This recipe came from an old issue of Paula Deen's magazine. I leave the veggies out and serve them on the side. This one is great if you ever need to deliver a meal to a friend. It reheats well, and kids generally like it.

Chick 'N Biscuits

3 cups chicken
1 lb frozen mixed veggies, thawed
2 cans cream of chicken soup
8 ou sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 t parsley
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t pepper

1 1/2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup milk


Mix soup, sour cream, milk, and seasonings. Stir in chicken and veggies. Tonight I used a roasted chicken, but I often boil and tear chicken breasts. Spread into a 9x13 pan.

In a small bowl, mix Bisquick, milk and cheddar until soft dough forms. Drop by heaping tablespoons evenly over chicken. I use a cookie dough scoop to make this job easy.

Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, until hot and bubbly and biscuits are lightly browned. Oh, this is fabulous!
As long as you have Bisquick in the house, use the recipe on the box to whip up some of these shortcakes for dessert. (Increase sugar to 5T.) Y-U-M!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made this one last night!

I used canned chicken (I'm no good at pulling off the bone) and Veg-All. Worked perfectly!

I need to work on the biscuit part, as I had to double the recipe to get enough biscuit balls to cover my creation.

BTW, this is Stacy.