Thursday, April 5, 2012

Eggs To Dye For


If I live to be a hundred and twenty I will dye eggs every one of my years.  It just never fails to be one of my very favorite days of the year.  Participation is mandatory, a nice supper comes first, there is always at least one glitch (last minute run to the store to replace cracked eggs this year), and there is ALWAYS a contest for the best egg.


This year was no exception.


Now, here's the thing I don't understand.  I have piles of photography books on my nightstand that I really do take the time to study.  I watch my you tube videos like a responsible camera owner should.


I really don't live in an orange house with orange light bulbs hanging all over the place, and in an effort to prove that to you, I fiddle diligently with the white balance on my camera.


So how come my children look like Oompa Loompas??


Remember how I declared 2012 as "The Year of Learning the Camera"?
First quarter "learnings" were apparently low!  Ha!

I do know that my particular lens isn't rated very well for low light.  For today, I'll blame the Oompa Loompas on my lens.  And I'll think about how to address the problem over a nice egg salad sandwich.

My vote for this year's winning egg....





No comments: