Friday, December 9, 2011

Remembering

Ever get caught off guard by some random little thing that reminds you of your childhood?? I was in a hardware store (of all places) and saw a roll of Butter Rum Lifesavers at the checkout counter.

Butter Rum.

It's been ages since I've thought of these, but they distinctly remind me of my childhood, and seeing that familiar, caramel colored wrapper in the hardware store transported me instantly back several decades.

My Grandpa Les always had a roll of butter rum Lifesavers in his pocket. Right next to his cigars. Always. I could hardly wait to tear into these and taste them again. I shared them with my kids, who gave them mixed reviews. I love them. Still.

They taste just like my Grandpa.



Hmmmm.....did that come out right? :-)  Well, you know what I mean!

No comments: