Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas, Part One

This year my Dad and Suzanne's daughter, Stacy, came to spend Christmas with us. A first Christmas without a loved one is a battle for the heart, but everyone was armed with a great attitude, a dose of prayer, and the joy of watching kids at Christmas.

Christmas Eve was quiet and calm. (Except for the kids who were really excited about presents!)
I put the finishing touches on a new quilt for Stacy just in time to get it all wrapped up and under the tree.
She told us about getting her blanket at home too close to a candle and lighting her feet on fire. We all laughed, and then I set some major rules for using her new quilt! :-)

Santa Claus got busy that night, making sure the morning would be merry and bright. My Dad found this fantastic rocking horse that wags its tail, bobs its head, and neighs. It was a grand slam homerun! Oma found pink cowgirl boots, and Buzzard and I rounded out the ensemble with a pink hat. All set.


My Christmas morning tradition is to trap my unwilling children on the staircase and force them to pose for photos before they are allowed to go see the tree. It is my retribution for being woken up at an inconsiderate hour! :)

I can't resist plugging this old one in for the sake of grins. We've had the staircase tradition for a very long time, only matching pajamas used to be part of the deal too. Those were the days.

There were some pretty happy smiles Christmas morning. So much to be thankful for. The birth of a Savior, and the promise of a future.

Then we got all "geared up" to "catch" some more Christmas fun.

No comments: