Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Little Road Trip

Hannah and I are in Arkansas, spending the weekend with my Dad. Thursday night we went out to the new Mexican restaurant in town. They have the best white cheese dip on the planet. Yesterday we went to see the new Julia Roberts movie. Here's my assessment....

Eat (your popcorn)
Love (watching gorgeous Julia on the big screen)
and Pray (that you can stay awake until the end of the very long movie).

Ha! Not the most riveting movie of all time. Between the three of us, we still couldn't figure out what it was all about, but we agreed the company was good. We stopped at the local grocery on our way home to pick up our favorite snack foods to do a fun dinner. We had watermelon and more cheese dip. :) Cheese dip, popcorn, then more cheese dip.

I'm so on vacation.

I finished the fourth Mitford book last night and got a start on number five. Arkansas is so beautiful and peaceful. Being secluded in the lush forest with cheese dip and an amazing book has no downside whatsoever. :) I'm disappointed that I forgot my camera because we have seen quite a few deer since we arrived. Lots of babies with sprinkles of white spots, spindly little legs, and bobby tails. I want to catch one to pet it and kiss it on its long eye lashes.

Today Hannah and I visited the local quilt shop and her favorite rock shop. We also went to the legendary Shack for a burger for lunch, on the premise that everyone should take a small break from cheese dip from time to time to sneak in a good cheeseburger. We're loving the road trip life!

1 comment:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I definitely agree with your take on the movie! And you have GOT to reply to this comment and tell me where in AR your dad lives. Because we're going to AR in November (I'm going alone in Sept) and if I'm anywhere close to that cheese dip I've got to have it!