Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Big Brother Is A Handy Thing To Have

Emma and Max are very similar in their personalities, and the two of them make quite a pairing. Max is one cool cat, yet he will let his baby sister talk him into anything. He loves to spoil her! The other day she convinced him to be her horse, and named him "Butterfly".



Today, my Mom invited Emma over for a few hours so we could concentrate on school. After her nap, Oma promised she could play in the new pool. I recalled seeing the play pool in my Mom's garage, and I asked the boys if they wanted to go over and splash around with Emma and watch her play. Of course, they were game. Turns out, the pool is a teensy bit smaller than I remembered. HA! Mom shopped everywhere and this was the only pool she could find. It is perfect for a two year old, but only one brother at a time! :) (And only if he squishes up his long legs and tries not to create overflow!) Mom and I laughed so hard at two boys in swimsuits standing on the lawn and looking at that pool.

This is Em thanking Bro for swimming with her.

In the Texas heat, you take cool any way you can get it! :)

Oma and I didn't fare too badly. We both got our toes washed really, really well.

This picture has nothing to do with the cute pool, but this handsome fella has a memory for me. I remember my Dad getting this frog from a man named Bud when I was a very little girl. "Bud" sounds like a frog salesman, no? :) Anyway, he's been sitting in the garden with that goofy grin on his face for as long as I can remember, and I just love him! He was on lifeguard duty this afternoon, sitting in the mulch bed just off the "pool deck"!

There was a quick game of one on one while I loaded the car. She slam dunked, and claimed victory. He totally let her win, because that's just one more thing great big brothers do. :)



Hey Oma, thanks for the fun day at the splash zone! :)
Love, Emmy

No comments: