Monday, February 15, 2010

Emmy's Pinwheels

It was love at first sight when I found this free pattern on Moda Bakeshop. I knew I had to let the dust bunnies grow and the laundry pile up so I could set to work immediately.

I used a Snippets charm pack by American Jane, just like the quilt in the pattern. I typically don't feel a need to copy a quilt exactly, but the colors and patterns in these fabrics were just right for the playful pinwheels. These fabrics and this quilt just go together.

Just like my girl and her doggy.

I've always wanted to try prairie points, and this was the perfect little quilt for learning. They were easy and fun, and they are my favorite part of the whole thing.

It is backed with orange polka dots ("dokie dots") that make me want to giggle. The bright orange is a nod to a sport allegiance in my extended family.

Emmy's pinwheels. It is machine quilted in a fairly tight stippling pattern so I got a nice yummy pucker when I washed and dried it. A perfect snuggling quilt for my girl!

7 comments:

Milo said...

What an adorable quilt!!! i LOVE the fabric- Emma seems to love it as well! :-)

Melissa said...

That is sooo cute! I love the fabric and the pattern, especially the little tabby things (can you tell I don't sew!)

sara said...

LOVE the quilt!!!! Adorable!

I am so happy that you like Dave's cds!! Yay- I am going to tell him and he will be happy too.

I think that color quiz is a crock anyway- we all know you are not a black :)

k Groenbeck said...

That is beautiful. I can't wait to show the pictures of it to Betty next time she is over.

Jodi Nelson said...

Turned out Fantastic! ;o) oooxx`jodi

Mary Ann said...

Love it! I'll have to check out the pattern; I've been wanting to try a quilt other than just squares.:-)

Little Lady Patchwork said...

You can never go wrong with American Jane!...Nice job!