Monday, September 22, 2008

It's All About Me

I love to read Randi's blog. She came up with a clever idea today. She asked everyone to post a picture of themselves so we can see what our bloggie friends look like. Those of us who are the Official Picture Takers don't appear in front of the lens often enough. In fact, from the few sites I checked so far, it looks like some posted family pictures from Easter. Have we all been hiding behind our cameras since March?

I asked Hannah to take a few pictures of me today. It's a chance for me to show off my Monday Look. Straight hair, old tee shirt, and no make-up. I'm so fond of the look I usually copy it Tuesday through Saturday.

This is me and the little kids during reading time in homeschool today.

Other moms came up with clever and artistic ideas for portraits. I wasn't much for creative today, but my Mother's Day hibiscus is blooming like crazy, so I stood -- ever so clever and artistically -- right next to it.

And just for grins, I pulled up a family photo too, from around Easter I think. LOL.

Sandra mentioned that Jessica is hosting a soup swap on her blog. Fall is soup season, so I feel the need to jump in on this one. I made a pot of this simple and tasty Taco Soup just this weekend. It is a snap to prepare because it cooks in the crockpot. The longer it simmers, the better it tastes. Since the Pickies in my house won't eat anything with "chunks" in it, I do what any good cook would. I deceive them. I run the tomatoes and rotel through the blender before adding it to the soup, which actually gives the soup a hearty, smooth texture that is very good. We like this best served with Fritos and shredded cheese!

Crock Pot Taco Soup

2 lb. ground beef, browned and drained. (Can add green pepper and onion too.)
1 can pinto beans
1 can light red kidney beans
1 can shoepeg corn
1 can tomato juice (10 ounce)
1 can Rotel
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 envelope Ranch dressing mix
1 envelope taco seasoning

Dump everything into the crockpot. Do not drain any cans. (I use slightly less than one envelope of the seasonings and buy no or low sodium products when available.) Cook on low six hours or more. Serve with your choice of toppings...Fritos, shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro or green onions.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi there! I'm so glad you joined in on the swap! This looks like quite a yummy recipe! I'm also excited to have found my way on over to your place!!!

Drucilla's Stitches said...

hello,
Enjoy meeting you by way of Randi's This is Me Monday! I love your long straight hair. Mine will do nothing without a perm, ughhhhhh! Thanks for sharing the Taco Soup recipe, yum!

Anonymous said...

You are so pretty! And i must say that our Monday looks are quite the same, but I call mine the laundry day look because all of my presentable clothes are being washed!!! ;)

quilterpolly said...

thanks for sharing the crock pot recipe.. Loved your pictures thanks for sharing:)
Polly