Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Weekend, Part One

Today we went to Nana and Papa's farm and it was a day of "firsts".
Hannah drove a car for the first time! Her Dad allowed her to drive around the farm, weaving through barns and trees like a little obsticle course. I can't decide if I'm ready for her to grow up or not, so I try to embrace each new experience as it comes. She came in the house and everyone fussed over what a great job she did, and it made me happy to see her proud, sweet smile. But I also have a hard time letting go, and with each new milestone my heart gets a little sad that we are leaving childhood behind. We still have her first bike in one of those barns, after all, and it seems like such a short time ago that learning to drive that was a big girl accomplishment!
Emma sat in a high chair for the first time. She can't sit up on her own yet, but Nana got a high chair that supports her well and enables her to see what's going on. She's getting rather nosey, and likes to be up in the middle of the action.

My brother-in-law and his family also live on the farm, right next door to Nana and Papa. I have three nephews. "A" is two years younger than Hannah. He has handsome red hair and loves to play football. "H" and "W" are twins who were born just eight weeks before Max. It is fun for my boys to have cousins their same age, and they have always gotten along extremely well. I never grew up with cousins who lived close, so I think they are all lucky to have each other.

After dinner, Miss Bathing Beauty took her first dip in the pool. The water was a tad cool, but she never said a word. She is a big fan of the bathtub, and apparently swimming pools too. Nana had a yellow ducky for her, and Hannah helped her "chase" it around the spa.


No comments: