Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Land Down Under

We just completed a rather brief tour of Australia in homeschool this week. The most interesting part for the boys was definitely the study of animal life. Thanks to Crocodile Hunter, they have a heightened appreciation for wildlife conservation. I was reading about the Kookaburra in one book, and Hayden (who is forever mixing up his vocabulary) piped up and said, "Oh, I love to eat there! They have great food!" No, Hayden. That's Cracker Barrel. Crikey. We made a koala out of yarn and pipe cleaners. I tried all week to get to Outback for dinner, but our schedule just didn't allow it. No bloomin' onion this week. Not even in the name of education. I suppose I'll have to throw something on the barbie this week for me mates instead.


In other homeschool news, we have a new tadpole. Our last attempt at growing a frog ended badly. The morning after our fall carnival in October, the cat knocked the tadpole container off a ledge and it landed in our big bowl of candy. Neither the tadpole nor the chocolate stash could be salvaged. There was much sadness over both the frog (the boys) and the mini Three Musketeers (me). We have "Tad", the new pole, secured in the cat free zone known as the tub in the guest bath. He is happily swimming away in his Planter's Peanut container, and hopefully, working hard at growing some legs.

1 comment:

jackie said...

Tad...does it get any better than that for a name? I think not!